Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On The Road To Completion: Metal Gear Solid 2

Last night I wrote an entry detailing my intent to go back to games that I either hadn't begun to play, or, games that I had played but haven't finished for whatever reason. Well after thinking about it today, I have decided that the first game that I will be doing this with will be Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

I have had this game for quite some time. By memory I picked it up for cheap at around the same time that I finished Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Despite being absolutely blown away by the brilliance of MGS 3, for some reason I just didn't ever play MGS 2. I wanted to but naturally I got distracted by other newer games and yeah, I just never played it.

So that's why I have chosen it. I think it will be a good game to go back to and in a way you could argue that it's a good time to do so considering that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is supposed to release sometime this year. I won't be able to play that until I get a PS3 but even so, playing MGS 2 will refresh my memory (slightly) with the franchise's story while also adding a new take on it since I haven't experienced the game yet.

I'm looking forward to it that's for sure. Now if only I can pry myself away from the 360 world for a little while...

No comments: