Monday, March 2, 2009

A Brief Look At Fable II


Similar to the situation I have with LittleBigPlanet, Fable II has been neglected while I played the other games I have posted about recently. Before delving into them however, I managed to play a decent amount of Fable II and therefore know what I think of the game.

If I were to take a guess, I would say that I am about halfway through Fable II. I have seen a significant chunk of the game's narrative, experimented with the game's social aspects, tried my hand at the various jobs you can do and I have thoroughly explored every location I have been to so far. I have loved every second of it too. Is that a cop-out given the praise I have given every other game I have written about lately? Maybe, but I believe it to be true. The consistent quality across all of the games I have been playing lately is astounding and I feel privileged to have been able to play them all, especially as it was such a different experience for me.

The neglect I gave Fable II disappoints me -- I loved every second that I've played and yet I suddenly stopped playing? -- yet it also inspires me. It inspires me because the neglect is a constant reminder of a game that I have enjoyed playing and would like to return to, inspiring motivation to see it through to the end and maybe even play through it again. To say I am looking forward to it is an understatement. I have many thoughts swirling around in my mind regarding Fable II and I cannot wait to compose them into some posts on this very blog. In the meantime know that I love what I have played so far and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys RPGs, you won't be disappointed.

That concludes the brief impressions I have given to the games I have been playing lately. In future any brief look I take at a game will be about one that I am playing at the time instead of reflecting on what I should have written about ages ago. Now it is time to actually do what I've been intending and look at these games in more depth. It is also time to look at what I have been playing in the last fortnight so expect to see a post on that in the next few days.

No comments: