Monday, February 11, 2008

Zooming By...

No I'm not here to talk about the cars from Burnout Paradise zooming by, nor am I here to imply that I'm zooming by in a car from any game or perhaps even real life.

No, I am just referring to time and how it continues to zoom on by regardless of whether I want it to or not. So why am I writing about time passing and furthermore, why am I caring? Well, frankly it is the excuse that I am using with regards to the lack of entries here.

I have many ideas for this blog and do intend on getting them posted when I can, but because time goes by so quickly, or rather, easily, I have found it very hard recently to be able to write anything here. Whether I am spending more time in gaming than I intend to every night or I'm getting distracted by reading articles and watching videos while I'm online - time just seems to go out the door and it's actually starting to get annoying. Trying to formulate a plan and sticking to it doesn't help, as there will always be something that I get distracted with. I could be on MSN and a friend could link me to a video - there's a few minutes gone. I could be playing a game and realise that I'm close to an achievement - there goes more time as I attempt to obtain the achievement. It can be anything and everything; there is just far too much entertainment content (and indeed non-entertainment content) out there for us to get distracted with these days.

But at the end of the day, it's a poor excuse. If I just try a little harder, maybe I could manage my time better and finally get things done. Or maybe I shouldn't have to try harder. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter and is irrelevant to anyone who may be reading this.

So, what's the point of this entry then? Well, other than to rant about a pathetic topic, I'm also writing it to say this: I do have ideas for this blog and I do intend on getting them posted at some point. If by chance there are any readers of this thing out there, then please bear with me while I try and allocate some time to get these ideas into proper entries. The pedantic idiot that I am will see me edit and proof-read an entry until I feel it communicates the point/s I'm trying to make and as such, it could take me up to a week to write just the one entry. So yeah, bear with me and hopefully when I finally do get these entries up, they will make you think about the subject or just entertain you for a minute or three.

No comments: